Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Google Maps

Google maps is a service provided by google for logistics purposes. It has many benefits and applications to be taken advatage of. Part of my job at my company is coordinating deliveries(getting our product to the customer the most efficient way possible). With fuel prices still relatively high, the shortest route to a job as possible saves the company money which helps in a stagnate economy. Google maps are very current and have even the new subdivisions that are being developed now. It is very important at my job to be able to get the customer the product they want when they want it.

7 comments:

  1. That's great. I'm a realtor and I'm always looking for shorter routes. If you find a way to put in several addresses and have this ap put them in order, please let me know. That would make my life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Google Maps! I use it all the time! Great blog layout...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning MMurphy, i can see where it would be a great tool for the state workers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always asking for directions, I will now use Google Map.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having Google Maps has been a great asset to Google Calendar. Locating an event and showing viewers exactly how to get there makes is a plus. Super~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Big Tipper! I have yet to find that capability but am in need of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great stuff, an extremely good tool for any type of dispatcher

    ReplyDelete